Paste your Google Webmaster Tools verification code here
14th June 2016

Soham Mac Repairs

The region between Devil’s Dyke and the line between Littleport and Shippea Hill shows a remarkable amount of archaeological findings of the Stone Age, the Bronze Age and the Iron Age.

A couple of hoards of bronze objects are found in the area of Soham, including one with swords and spearheads of the later Bronze Age as well as a gold torc, retrieved in 1938.

An extensive ditch system, not visible on aerial photographs, has been identified, as well as a wooden track-way 800 metres in length between Fordey Farm (Barway) and Little Thetford, with associated shards of later Bronze Age pottery (1935).

St Felix of Burgundy founded an abbey near Soham around 630 AD but it was destroyed by the Danes in 870 AD. Luttingus, a Saxon nobleman built a cathedral and palace at Soham around 900 AD, on the site of the present day Church of St. Andrew’s and adjacent land. St. Andrew’s church dates from the 12th century. Traces of the Saxon cathedral still exist within the church. In 1102 Hubert de Burgh, Chief Justice of England, granted ‘Ranulph’ certain lands in trust for the Church of St. Andrew’s. Ranulph is recorded as the first Vicar of Soham and had a hand in designing the ‘new’ Norman church. The current church is mainly later, the tower being the latest addition in the 15th century. This tower was built to replace a fallen crossing tower and now contains ten bells. The back six were cast in 1788, with two new trebles and two bells being recast in 1808. There are some pictures and a description of the church at the Cambridgeshire Churches website.[5]

 

CALL NOW ON: 08445 899 565

We offer all of our service covering the CB7 Post Codes. Our services include:

Apple Mac Repairs

Apple Mac Hard Drive Repairs

Apple Mac Data Recovery

Apple Mac Screen Repairs

Apple Mac RAM Upgrades

Apple Mac Troubleshooting

Apple Mac Support

Apple Mac Service

Apple Mac Liquid Damage

Apple Mac Water Spill